Thursday, August 4, 2011

Impulse purchase



When I was at Costco last week, I happened to be strolling through the camera section, and a little Nikon caught my eye. It is less than an inch thick, and seemed just the thing to carry in my purse at all times, since so many times I wish I had a camera on me, but my others are too big to have with me all of the time, so, I picked up this little maroon Coolpix thinking that it was quite an extravagant thing to have, and as the name implies, quite cool. Now it seems that just about everybody I mention it to already has a Nikon Coolpix. But it is a great little camera and small enough to be really handy. I had it today so that I could get these pictures of Alice and Gretta (above), and Nora and Tucker. Alice is 81 years old and a very good handler. Her husband Bob was on our Honor Flight in May and they are really an impressive couple. She tried to call him after class but he was out riding his bike so she couldn't reach him. He also swims every morning. I am not at liberty to share his age, but he's a WWII vet, so do the math. Inspirational folks. Gretta is an awesome dog, too.

Nora and Tucker are also great to watch in action. Tucker is such a classically beautiful dog---to me he's the quintessential American dog, and for all I know he is descended from a German breed, but he's like the dog next door.

No comments: