Thursday, August 11, 2011

Dental Teams



Today I went for a check-up with my oral surgeon to see how the gum is healing after the work described in an earlier poem on this blog. The good news is that it is progressing nicely. The better news is that I have such a good team taking care of this rather complicated procedure. Shown here is Dr. William Martey, who in addition to being an oral surgeon, is also an M. D. He is originally from Ghana, educated at Oxford and a very nice guy. Also a great surgeon. His surgical assistant is Kim, also great at what she does. I think it is sometimes too easy to take the remarkable skills of people like this for granted. Not only are they well trained, but they are so kind and helpful. Thanks you two! I'll see you in November.

2 comments:

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

I stumbled upon this post prior to Dr. Martey taking out my wisdom teeth. Now that I've met him and Kim and had the work done, I wanted to second your recommendation. They were wonderful. I have some health problems that make such things a bit more complicated, but I never worried--they were so attentive and genuinely caring. And very skilled. I had two extractions, and have had almost no pain or anything. Remarkable.

I wanted to thank you for this post. It put my mind greatly at ease before going. I'd recently had a very bad dental experience elsewhere and was frightened at the prospect of more. But I knew after reading your glowing review that I was in good hands. Thanks.

You don't know me, but my name's Ellen and I'm a Hum Co artist as well. It's also always a pleasure to see your lovely work!

Kathrin Burleson said...

Thanks Ellen. I am glad it helped.

Kathrin