Friday, May 22, 2009

Raleigh's Agility Training




My Corgi, Raleigh, and I started agility training recently. Mike joined us for the last session and brought the camera. The photos seem to indicate that I am a lot more interested in what our teacher, Clare, is saying than Raleigh is, but he really seems to enjoy it once he gets going.


Agility
(an alphabet poem)

Agility training with my dog Raleigh
brings out the kid in me.
Coming together with those eight other people and their
dogs two hours
each week in
Fortuna, has
got to be one of the most pleasant things I
have done in a long time.
I love
just being with a group of people who
keep focused on their dogs running through tunnels and hoops,
leaving cares like
money, troublesome
neighbors
or
politics, behind. It is the
quintessential escape.
Raleigh is enjoying the experience as well,
since he gets praise and
treats just for trying something new,
unless, of course, he really messes up which happens
very seldom. Nearly always
we cheer him on as he
ecstatically charges through tunnels, jumps through hoops, and
yaps as he joyfully
zooms around the track.

1 comment:

Trinidad Chamber of Commerce Blog said...

I have to get Blake over there .. go Raleigh go!