Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Garden Journal


This spring has seen my first real attempt at gardening. I tried to get Mike interested in vegetable gardening, but the maples take most of his time so I decided to take the plunge and do it myself. Now I am hooked. I have two raised beds with greens and assorted vegetables, and have scattered strawberries and sunflowers throughout the rest of the yard. I started cucumber seeds which are descendants of cucumbers brought from Greece by my grandparents when they immigrated in the 1920's. Unfortunately, they haven't done very well so far, but whatever happens, gardening is a great way to spend time outside, dirt is healing, and it offers unlimited material for drawing and writing. I won't give up.

1 comment:

Trinidad Chamber of Commerce Blog said...

love those little shoots - great drawings too. They'd be great on seed packs, or my kitchen wall (whenever I finish it) lol