Saturday, April 11, 2009

Morning (alphabet poem)



Already I feel better, having spent some time in silence.
Beginning a new day in prayer, even
complaining a bit to God,
does wonders for my outlook.
Eventually, the negative thoughts disperse.
Finding a new perspective
gives me a entirely different attitude and
helps me to see God’s hand in all of this.
In my darker moments I wish I had planned better.
Just one week longer, I tell myself, while a soft voice whispers
Kath, you can do this.
Limit your intentions to learning Spanish.
More time will give you opportunities to speak and interact.
Not taking advantage of that would be a huge mistake.
Open your heart to Mexico.
Put thoughts of home aside for a while.
Quiet the negative self-talk.
Really, all it does is get in the way, and
separate you from the rich experience before you.
Today offers great opportunities.
Unless you get out there and take advantage of it
while you have this chance,
expect to be disappointed
years from now when looking back on what just might be a
zenith of this marvelous life.

2/21/09

No comments: