Thursday, April 9, 2009

Alphabet poem



A lunch out at a lively Mexican restaurant
before I settle down to study irregular verb tenses, is a treat.
Cocina mexicana is
deliciosa,
even though sometimes it is a bit spicy and I
forget to say no muy piquante por favor.
gustatorial delights abound here. I
help myself to another tortilla
in spite of the fact that I’m pretty full.
Just a few more frijoles will
keep me going till la cena, and I
love the idea of a little siesta after lunch.
My mind and body appreciate the chance to
not do anything for an hour or so. It’s an
opportunity to relax and take the
pressure off for a while.
Quiet moments in the middle of the day
restore my ability to think and learn.
Studying Spanish requires my full concentration,
tenses of verbs especially.
Until it all comes naturally and becomes
verbal instinct, I’ll need to keep
working at this.
Exactly when I’ll really be able to speak Spanish may be
years from now, even with my
zeal for learning this beautiful language.

2/20/09

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2/20 is Howdy's birthday.

I loved reading your comments! A journey is so much more than a straight and smooth road, isn't it?

love, Jannie