Sunday, June 6, 2010

Open Studios Day One


Open Studios started out on a great note! In spite of the rain, and the fact that I am the only studio open in Trinidad so far north of the rest of the action, lots of folks showed up and visited. Several groups arrived just when I opened at 11:00 and it was steady throughout the day. Many thanks for making the trek up here.

As those of you who were here, (and those who are following the blog) know, the theme these days is Africa--Botswana in particular. A percentage of all sales will be donated to conservation efforts in Africa. Wilderness Safaris is a great organization that is doing important work toward saving these animals, many of which are endangered. Their trust, Wilderness Wildlife Trust, is worth looking into, and of course supporting, which all of your purchases of my wildlife art are helping to do. Many thanks for your support, from me, the Trust, and the animals that they are helping to preserve.

Along with that, Eyes on Africa, the company that I have used for all of my Africa travels, has asked me to put together groups for trips beginning either the end of this year, (right around the corner, but doable) or in 2011. Many of you have expressed interest and signed up, but for the rest of you that may be interested in an African safari, please contact me for further information or to put your name on the list for updates.

No comments: