Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Back to the Studio




The past two weeks flew by. After the very busy first weekend of Open Studios, I had a visit from my friend, Mary Siebe who lives in Colorado. We have been friends for over 48 (!) years, and it is always good to see her. We pick up right where we left off and it is such a gift to share that much of life and experience with someone. We both appreciate that only time and experience can create that kind of friendship. It was also a week of surgeries for the Burleson household---Mike had a molar implant, and Emma had a hysterectomy. Both patients did very well and once they were settled a bit, it was time for the second weekend of Open Studios. This time the sun was shining and people didn't have to brave the storms to get here. It was another whirlwind couple of days of meeting people and talking about art and whatever else came up. Needless to say not a lot of work in the studio, but I'll be posting drawings that were displayed these past two weekends.

This afternoon I helped a friend get a blog going. Now, it is really something when people think that I am good at computers. I definitely am not. But I must admit I enjoy the delusion. His name is Charles Moon and he is definitely one of the most remarkable people I know and love, and an Okie to boot. More about him in other posts, but for now, please check out his blog. And tomorrow, this blog returns to Africa.

No comments: