Monday, September 17, 2012

We attended the Teacup Dog Agility trial in Grants Pass last weekend.  It's always fun to run and compete with small dogs and their owners---there is a lightheartedness to these events that makes for a very enjoyable experience.  It was the second trial that I have attended since Raleigh's back problems ended his career.  Boy, do I now realize how I took the little guy for granted.  I hate to admit this, but I used to think, hey what's the big deal about q'ing (short for qualifying or getting a passing grade leading up to titles)?  Now I know.  Raleigh was a very reliable athlete. Emma has a ways to go. Please note the comparison of the ribbons above.  That was Raleigh after an AKC trial last spring.  Emma after this past weekend where she q'd twice, both times in a game where speed was the only thing that mattered.  We have our work cut out for us. 

No comments: